An exciting and attractive collaboration project between Estonian higher education institutions that unites science and music, starting in September 2019 and culminating in cooperation with Eesti Kontsert on 30 April 2020. Students from three higher education institutions form three groups who perform four works. The new creation includes musical compositions, stage designs and costumes, and sensors.
An exciting and attractive collaboration project between Estonian higher education institutions that unites technology and art, starting in September 2019 and culminating in cooperation with Eesti Kontsert on 30 April 2020. Students from four programmes of three higher education institutions form four groups who perform four world premieres. The new creations include original sound, music, choreography, stage and costume designs, and sensors.
The project is tutored by:
• Choreography Study Programme, Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication School (BFM),Tallinn University (Renee Nõmmik, Tiina Ollesk, Oksana Tralla and Keithy Kuuspu);
• The Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) programme, School of Digital Technologies, Tallinn University, (David Lamas, Vladimir Tomberg, Hugo Silva*, Aleksander Valjamae and Taavet Jansen);
• Department of Textile Design of Estonian Academy of Arts (Kristi Kuusk, Anna Arov**, Anja Hertenberger** and Dila Demir);
• Department of Composition and Improvisation Performing Arts Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre (Paolo Girol, Margo Kõlar, Emmanouil Moraitis***, Einike Leppik, Helena Tulve, Hans Günter Lock, Innar Järva, Tammo Sumera and Grete Nellis).
The concert takes place within the framework of the COMMUTE festival of the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre.
The concert is supported by Telliskivi Creative City and by the European Regional Development Fund (Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre ASTRA project EMTASTRA).
The project is curated by Paolo Girol, Eesti Muusikaakadeemia heliloomingu, improvisatsioonilise muusika ja kaasaegsete etenduskunstide osakonna peakoordinaator.
* invited guest, Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
** invited guets, The Royal Academy of Art, The Hague, Netherlands
*** invited guest, The University of Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom