St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra. Sergei Dogadin, conductor Nikolai Alexeyev
- Wednesday, 02.10
- Jõhvi, Jõhvi Concert Hall
- Sergei Dogadin (violin)
Conductor Nikolai Alexeyev
- SA Eesti Kontsert
Tchaikovsky. Violin Concerto in D major, op 35
Rachmaninoff. Symphony No. 2 in E minor, op 27
The St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra is one the world’s top ten-top orchestras, with a history dating back to 1882. Over the years, the orchestra has collaborated with outstanding conductors from around the world such as Kurt Sanderling, Mariss Jansons, Lorin Maazel, Zubin Mehta, Kurt Masur, Gennady Rozhdestvensky, Charles Dutoit, Vassily Sinaisky, Andrei Boreiko and others. Soloists with world-famous names such as Van Cliburn, Glenn Gould, Arturo Benedetti Michelangel, Isaac Stern, Svyatoslav Richter, Emil Gilels, DavidOistrakh, Elisa Virsaladze, Grigori Sokolov, Natalie Gutman, Vladimir Spivakov, Nikolai Lugansky, Boris Berezovsky, Sergei Krylov, Emmanuel Tjeknavorian, Gautier Capuçon et al have played with the orchestra.
The 20th-century music plays an important role in the orchestra’s repertoire, the cooperation partners of the orchestra have included Benjamin Britten, Zoltán Kodály, Witold Lutosławski, Luciano Berio and Krzysztof Penderecki. The artistic director and chief conductor of the orchestra since 1988 has been Yuri Temirkanov.
Prizes from prestigious competitions such as the Tchaikovsky Competition (2nd place, 2011), Joseph Joachim International Violin Competition in Hanover (1st place, 2015) and Singapore International Violin Competition (1st place, 2018) have contributed to the fame of violinist Sergei Dogadin.
Dogadin’s outstanding career has led him to great stages like the Golden Hall of the Wiener Musikverein, Berlin, Cologne, the halls of Warsaw Philharmonic, the Concertgebouw Hall in Amsterdam and the Suntory Hall in Tokyo. At the moment, Dogadin is working under the guidance of Prof. Boris Kuschnir at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna. Sergey Dogadin plays Domenico Montagnana on a violin from 1721, belonging to the Rin Collection in Singapore.